Sunday, August 7, 2016

“Why do they always teach us that it’s easy and evil to do what we want and that we need discipline to restrain ourselves? It’s the hardest thing in the world–to do what we want. And it takes the greatest kind of courage. I mean, what we really want.” —Ayn Rand

It has been drilled in our psyche that being jobless means being useless and being useless means having a meaningless life.
This is a cause of depression in lot of jobless people who find their lives meaningless.
Majority of the retired people may also suffer from this syndrome. That is why people do not want to retire but continue working into their grave.
This thought has been probably instilled in us through our education system whose aim is to produce workers for the rich industrialists or feudal landlords.
It is certainly possible to have a meaningful life without a job. Everyone has to find his own meaning in life.
"It not important what you want in life but what life wants from you". -Viktor Frankl.
I have voluntarily left my job to find meaning in life without a job, a structured job.
Two feelings of hope and despair plague me. I am sometimes elated because of the new found freedom to do whatever I want. At other times, I am scared of lapsing into a meaningless life with out any purposes and without any jest.
I know it is going to be tough journey. "Ships are safe in harbour but this is not what they built for".
We have not been born to lead a safe and peaceful life.

No comments:

Post a Comment